Bata Shoe Organization on Monday introduced that Sandeep Kataria has been appointed as the corporate’s chief government officer (CEO). With the announcement, Kataria grew to become the primary Indian to be elevated to the corporate’s prime submit.
Kataria is the newest addition to the checklist of Indian or Indian origin CEOs main international manufacturers which have been increasing steadily, not too long ago. From fast-paced shopper items (FMCG) to data know-how and meals and drinks, many firms throughout a number of sectors at the moment are being led by Indian CEOs on the worldwide stage.
Here is the checklist of world chiefs, who hint their origin again to India:
1. Satya Nadella has been the CEO of Microsoft Corporation since 2014, taking on the reins from Steve Ballmer. He was additionally the manager vp of the software program large’s cloud and enterprise teams earlier than changing into CEO.
2. Sundar Pichai grew to become the CEO of Google in 2015 and has since then additionally joined the board of administrators of Alphabet, Google’s guardian firm. He has been energetic within the firm’s efforts within the newest applied sciences and international outreach packages.
3. Shantanu Narayen is the CEO, chairman and president of Adobe and at the moment leads the corporate that’s providing companies like Illustrator and Photoshop.
4. Arvind Krishna succeeded Ginni Rometty in April this yr to guide the worldwide know-how and consulting firm IBM.
5. Indra Nooyi lead PepsiCo, one of many largest meals and beverage firms, till 2018. She has remained with the corporate for 24 years.
6. George Kurian, the CEO and president of NetApp, the storage and knowledge administration firm, took over the position in June 2015 after being in different government positions inside the corporate.
7. Micron Technology Inc appointed Sanjay Mehrotra in May 2017 as their CEO and a member of their board of administrators.
8. FMCG main Reckitt Benckiser is led by one other Indian origin CEO, Laxman Narasimhan.
9. Diageo, one of many world’s main spirit makers, is led by Ivan Menezes.
10. Mastercard, the worldwide fee processing community, is led by one other Indian Ajaypal Singh Banga, who’s its president and CEO.
10. Pharmaceutical main Novartis is led by Vasant Narasimhan.
11. Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu was one other firm to nominate Punit Renjen as their first Indian international CEO in 2015.
12. Singapore primarily based monetary group DBS has been headed by Piyush Gupta since 2009.
13. Popular co-working start-up WeWork appointed Sandeep Mathrani as their CEO citing his ‘turnaround expertise.’
(With company inputs)